- M.A., Regional Economic and Social Development, University of Massachusetts-Lowell, 2006
- B.A., Urban Studies, Rutgers University-Camden, 2003
- A.A., Liberal Arts, Camden County College, 1999
Audience Engagement Manager, Next City, Philadelphia, PA – 2014-Present
- Manage social media accounts and supporter database
- Lead website updates, coordinate with developers and designers
- Coordinate grassroots fundraising drives
- Write newsletters, fundraising letters, and promotional materials
- Monitor and report website analytics
- Promote Next City, its reporting, and its events
Web Coordinator, Healthcare-NOW!, Philadelphia, PA – 2008-2014
- Manage organizational and affiliate websites, supporter databases, advocacy campaigns, individual donations, and social networking accounts
- Write articles, grant proposals, and newsletters
- Lobby Congress for single-payer healthcare
Carpenter and Partner, Haymarket Painting and Construction, Philadelphia, PA – 2006-2008
- Worked with and managed a collective of carpenters, plumbers, and electricians
- Managed and participated in all aspects of home remodeling and construction processes
HUD Fellow, Lawrence Community Works, Lawrence, MA – 2004-2006
- Worked with community leaders to better understand the Lawrence’s budget process
- Organized participatory budgeting campaign
- Assisted in writing community guide to Lawrence’s City budget
Intern, Lowell Transitional Living Center, Lowell, MA 2006
- Wrote grant proposals
Community Member, Leavenhouse, Camden, NJ 2002-2004
- Organized volunteers to cook meals for up to 150 people
- Interviewed homeless applicants for housing
- Assisted in managing two rooming houses for the homeless
- Wrote grant proposals
- Created Leavenhouse newsletter
- Participated in and organized campaigns to stop the state takeover of Camden, stop the demolition of public housing, and end the Iraq war
Carpenter, Harvard Construction Company, Tabernacle, NJ – 1997-2004
- Participated in all aspects of home remodeling and construction processes
- “Why a National Healthcare System Will Save Our Cities,” Baltimore Indy Reader, March 2009.
- “Passing On Single-Payer,” Dollars and Sense, September/October 2008
- “Design Within Reach: Architecture for Humanity Builds the Future of Housing,” Wired.com, July 14, 2007. For Assignment Zero.
- “The Camden Democracy Gap,” Z Magazine, October 2003.
- Wrote for and developed www.CityProsper.org.
- “Designing to Make a Difference in the World,” interview with Cameron Sinclair of Architecture for Humanity. With Lisa Selin Davis for Assignment Zero.
- “Homelessness in Lowell: What’s Available for Those Most in Need?” Masters Degree Project, June 2006.
- “The People’s Guide to the Lawrence City Budget,” with community leaders at Lawrence CommunityWorks.
- “Are Finance Control Boards the Answer to Job Loss, Shrinking Revenues, and Grinding Decline: The Springfield, Massachusetts and Camden, New Jersey Cases,” with Dr. Robert Forrant.
- Healthcare-NOW! (Developed with WordPress)
- Developed and maintained online campaigns and email databases with Salsa.
- Hands Off Our Medicare (Developed with WordPress)
- Will You Cry For Me, John Boehner? (Developed with WordPress)
- Healthcare-NOW! of Maryland (Developed with WordPress)
- Labor Campaign for Single-Payer Healthcare (Updates and maintenance, Joomla!)
- City Prosper (Developed with WordPress)
- City Invincible (Developed with WordPress)
- “Online Community Organizing Tools for the Single-Payer Movement,” Healthcare-NOW! National Strategy Conference, Philadelphia, 2010.
- “Obamacare, the Public Option, and the Fight for Single-Payer Healthcare,” Wooden Shoe Bookstore, Philadelphia, 2009.
- “Participatory Budgeting in Lawrence, MA,” Planners Network Conference, Chicago, June 2006.
- “Are Finance Control Boards the Answer to Job Loss, Shrinking Revenues, and Grinding Decline: The Springfield, Massachusetts and Camden, New Jersey Cases,” UMass-Lowell CITA Conference, October 2005.
- “The Camden Takeover,” The College of New Jersey, Trenton, December 2004.